BEFORE YOUR TAN
1) Exfoliate 24hrs before your appointment to remove dead skin cells and build up on the skin surface. It is recommended that you use a sea salt or sugar scrub and wash cloth 24 hours before your tanning session for best results.
2) Avoid wearing perfume, deodorant, makeup, lotion, or any other foreign substances on the skin the day of your appointment. Any residue on the skin will act as a barrier against the airbrush/spray tanning solution and create uneven spotting.
3) Bring, or wear, loose fitting, dark colored clothing to wear home. DO NOT wear tight fitting clothing because it will cause rub marks and uneven spotting.
PLEASE NOTE: Negligence on preparation or proper attire voids the guarantee, meaning you will not be given a complimentary retouch or refund. Any retouch will be subject to new service fees.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
1) What should I expect during the tanning session?
The technician evaluates your natural color and formulates a solution based on several factors. In 5 to 10 minutes your tan will be applied and then dry to the touch, so relax and enjoy your session.
2) What do I wear?
You can bring your bathing suit, or bottom & top from home. Disposable underwear & bra are also available.
Hair nets are provided to keep your hair clean. Ladies, should you choose to minimize tan lines, please
discuss options with the tanning technician. Gentlemen, should you choose to minimize your tan lines, you are
welcome to tan wearing a Speedo or thong. Please note that nude tanning for gentlemen is NOT permitted and
self tanning products are available for at home use to tan those areas.
3)Where do you set up the equipment?
Any place with good lighting and access to a power outlet. The mobile equipment is self contained and does not create a mess.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
1) What do I do after the tanning session?
The tanning solution takes several hours to set on the skin, so wear only loose clothing over the tanned areas
and sandals or flip flops, then wait the recommended time before showering to maximize color development.
2) Why am I darker before I shower than after I shower?
You will notice your color growing darker as it develops. Do not worry! When you shower your color will
neutralize so you look like you did when you first tanned. Complimentary touch ups are offered 24-48 hrs after
your tanning session.
3) Why does my tan look like it melted and washed down the drain?
Since DHA is clear, instant bronzers are added to the solution to cause an instant tan and act as a guide for
the spray tech.
CARING FOR YOUR NEW TAN
1) What do I wash with?
Use mild soap and keep your skin moisturized/hydrated to get the most out of your tan. Sulfate and paraben free products are ideal. Ask your spray tech about products designed to keep you glowing longer.
2) What soaps and body washes should I avoid?
Any soaps with heavy moisturizing agents, body clarifying agents, or anti-aging ingredients. These are designed to promote skin renewal and will rapidly strip your sunless color off. Examples of soaps to avoid include Dove, Olay, Soft Soap and Caress. It is best to use a body wash and moisturizer available with Simply Sunless.
3) When should I moisturize?
Immediately after showering your skin is the most vulnerable to dehydration and moisture loss. Apply your
moisturizer at that time to get the most effective replenishment of moisture and hydration.
4) What moisturizers should I use?
All lotions available at our location are specifically formulated for and are ideal to maximize the life of your new airbrush/spray tan. However you may also use shea butter, cocoa butter, or pure coconut oil.
5) What moisturizers should I avoid?
Any moisturizers containing anti-aging ingredients, heavy perfume, alcohol and heavy mineral oil-bases. Mineral oil is not effective in re-hydrating the skin and can be counter productive by removing your color. Anit-aging moisturizers are designed to promote skin regeneration and will rapidly strip your sunless color off.
Additional Questions? Call (352)843-2922